Pages

Thursday, 17 July 2014

Top 5 Summer Sun Protection Tips

Thursday, 17 July 2014

I’m sure I’m not the only one enjoying Summer! I love to take advantage of the warmer weather and spend more time outside. Unfortunately the sun’s rays can be very damaging so with that in mind I’ve decided to share with you my top 5 sun protection tips!

1. Sunscreen. While this may not be obvious (and at the risk of sounding like a mother)  it is important to remember to reapply often and especially after sweating, swimming or towel drying. Also don’t forget to slather that sunscreen on commonly forgotten areas like the tops of your ears. Recently I’ve been loving using  the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen on my body and the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen on my face.

2. Wear a hat. Wearing hat along with sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect the sensitive skin of your face from a sunburn, skin cancer and premature aging.  I would suggest using a wide brimmed hat for extra sun protection.

3. Sunglasses. Sunglasses not only make it easier for you to see on sunny days but also help to protect your eyes from the damaging effects of the sun. Also, larger lenses help give added sun protection to the sensitive skin around the eyes.

4. Use a foundation with SPF. In the summer I prefer to use a lighter weight foundation but as I am decided which foundation to pick I am also looking for one with SPF. I think it is important to remember though that often the SPF of foundations/ tinted moisturizers/ BB or CC creams is not very high and on days spent out in the sun it is best to also use a sunscreen. Lately I have been loving the Lancome Teint Miracle with SPF 15.

5. U.V. rays are usually strongest between 10:00am and 4:00pm. If possible it is best to avoid outdoor activities between these times, even on cloudy days.

If you have anymore tips I would love to read them in the comments!

Here’s a silly selfie of myself haha.
Hope you have a safe and fun summer :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
EMMA'S BEGINNING © 2014