Pages

Thursday, 5 February 2015

L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Review

Thursday, 5 February 2015


Just before Christmas my mom and I went to the hair salon and the hairdresser recommended that I use the L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil. I’ve tried similar products in the past and they all left my hair feeling greasy. So, not convinced this product would work for me, I decided not to purchase it.

Unbeknownst to me my mother did decide to purchase the product. Then later, in the spirit of the season, she surprised me with it as a gift.

I am so thankful that she did because this product has been amazing. The ends of my hair, especially in the winter months, get very dried out/frizzy/straggly and all around just not the picture of perfection (not that it ever is nor is it something I seriously strive for).

After using the L’Oreal Mythic Oil my hair is always left softer, shinier and smoother. It's honestly the only hair product I can truly say this about.
THE ONLY ONE!

So obviously I had to review it :)

What Is My Hair Naturally Like?
 - Straight; about medium/average thickness; just past my collarbones in length
 - I wash it almost every day, if I skip a day it will start to get greasy around the end of the second day (sorry if that’s TMI).
 - The ends are the biggest problem; they’re unfortunately dry and split.
 - I don’t normally use any heat to style my hair and I don’t colour it.

What Is It?
 - The bottle says that it’s a “nourishing oil for all hair types” and that it is made with avocado oil and grape seed oil.
 - I’m always skeptical when a product claims to be for “all types” of anything. I’m also not sure how/why/if avocado/grape seed oil is supposed to be particular good for your hair. All I can say is that works for me.

How To Use It: Their Way
 - The bottle says: “depending on hair type, dispense 1 to 2 pumps into your hand” and to apply it to dry or damp hair.

How I Use It
 - I use the oil in place of a conditioner, no more than once every other day.
 - I use one pump and spread the product evenly through the ends of hair while its still damp.
 - Once my ends are covered in the product I use my brush to try and spread a small amount of the oil through the rest of my hair by brushing it.
 - Then I just let my hair dry. It’s as easy as that!


The Pros
 - It really works and visibly improves the look and feel of my hair after just one use (haha I feel like an advertisement!).
 - The pump dispenses the perfect amount of product for my hair.
 - There is a cap for the pump so the product doesn’t go everywhere in a bag (which is essential for traveling!)

The Cons
 - You can only purchase this product in a salon that carries it.
 - Aka extremely inconvenient!
 - Although I am sure you can probably find it online but I’m more of a buy in person kind of girl (just called me old fashioned!)

Would I Buy Another One?
 - This is seriously the best hair product I have ever used.
 - I would definitely purchase it if I was in a salon that sold it or if I happened to be near the salon that my mother bought the current bottle I’m using (which is unfortunately very far from where I live).
 - However I am not sure I would honestly start running around trying to find another bottle as soon as this one runs out. I guess we will have to wait and see.


If you have any hair tips, tricks or products that you use in the winter please let me know! I’m always interested in trying something new!

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
EMMA'S BEGINNING © 2014